The Sherlock Wool Whippet Coat has to be the most luxurious of our whole range. With its warm British pure wool top layer it is an ideal coat for cold, frosty or snowy conditions, and the wax cotton lining, collar and strap will keep the damp at bay.
Waterproof but not quite as much as our Wiltshire, or Cumbria Wax Coats. It is not the best choice for torrential rain, but then again, I have yet to meet a hound who is happy to go out in such conditions! It is not washable; you simply sponge off any dirt, and brush clean, as you would with any of our wax cotton coats.
Our Get the Look January offer is for the Sherlock coat in Rust Check.
Features of the Sherlock Wool Whippet Coat:
- Made from beautiful British Wool Tweed with wax cotton lining
- Available in Small, Medium and Large Whippet sizes
- Made in Kent by skilled sewers
- Belt secured with brass d rings
- Ideal for less active hounds
- Brush dirt off when dry, not washable
- Can be worn with a fleece or snood underneath for extra warmth
Choose from the following sizes:
- Small length 48cms, chest 50cms, strap 42-46cms
- Medium length 56cms, chest 61cms, strap 48-52cms
- Large length 60cms, chest 66cms, strap 54-58cms
We make these coats to order in our Kent Barn, so please allow 7-10 working days for dispatch.
Complete the look for your whippet by teaming your Sherlock Coat with a beautiful soft leather collar. As owners of whippets, we know how important it is to have a proper collar for their lovely long necks. Working closely with an artisan maker we are able to offer you a selection of wonderful soft suede lined padded collars that are ideal for whippets.
Made from the softest nubuck leather, which has an antique look to it, and will take on a lovely patina as your dog wears it, and it will also get softer with age and wear. All have British Brass buckles and D rings.
We currently have 12 colours available, but we think Mustard complements the Sherlock coat perfectly.
- Small Whippet 9″ – 12″ and 1.5″ at widest
- Whippet 11.5″ – 13.5″ and 1.5″ at widest
Lastly, but by no means least, don’t forget something for yourself. Not only will you look fantastic, with our fully coordinated Large Walkers Bag in matching Rust Check Wool, it is also practical. It was designed with dog walkers in mind, so it will hold all the essentials and still have room to spare. Let’s face it, we take a lot of stuff with us! Your pockets fill very quickly with just your phone and keys, and then where do you put the ball, the water bottle, the leads or the hand cleanser – handy for those pesky broken bags or when your dog rolls in something unspeakably disgusting!!
Features of the Large Walkers Bag:
- Has an adjustable strap – no more dangling in the wrong place
- Secures with branded popper on fold over flap
- Lightweight before you load it up
- Suitable for wet days, but not torrential rain
- Matches the collar & cuff of the Malvern Ladies Coat
- Height – when open out 34cms, when flap closed 24cms
- Width – 35cms, with a 4cm gusset all around
- Strap – 54cms – but this is adjustable to be shorter