Many hound owners use a harness to walk their dogs. But most harnesses have a D ring that goes across the body, not down, in the direction of our coat seam. The Norfolk Whippet Harness Hole Coat solves this problem with clever design detailing the seam with the hole is now in the same direction as the D ring.
The Norfolk Whippet Coat is made from British Wax Cotton and lined in wax cotton, making it capable of keeping your whippet or Italian Greyhound dry even on the wettest of days.
Features of the Norfolk coat:
- Made from British Wax Cotton
- Available in Small, Medium and Large Whippet sizes
- Also in Italian Greyhound Size
- Has a hole for a harness D ring
- Made in Kent by skilled sewers
- Fastened on the front by branded poppers
- Belt secured with brass d rings
- Suitable to layer over a fleece snood*
- Available in Brown, Green, Mustard, Navy or Red
- Scooped neckline
* If you wanted your whippet to wear one of our fleece jumpers underneath make sure that the harness is big enough to go over the top as our jumpers don’t have harness holes.
Offered in 4 sizes including Italian Greyhound and 3 whippet sizes:
Italian Greyhound – our sizing is for a pure and petite Italian greyhound.
Small ideal if your whippet is very petite or crossed with an Italian Greyhound.
Medium is an average whippet size – George wears a medium.
Large is for the bigger whippets.
If you like this design, but would like a washable version, take a look at Norwich Coat. It’s the same style, but in quilted machine-washable fabric. Perfect for active whippets, and those who like to roll!
Please do check the measurements against your dog before you order and don’t hesitate to call if you are unsure what size you need, as this coat is MADE TO ORDER and we can accommodate small changes if required.
- Italian Greyhound Length 42cms, chest 46cms, strap 33-37cms
- Small length 48cms, chest 50cms, strap 42-46cms
- Medium length 56cms, chest 61cms, strap 48-52cms
- Large length 60cms, chest 66cms, strap 54-58cms
Regular reproofing will maintain the waterproof qualities of the fabric and prolong its life. We recommend using British Millerain Original Wax Cotton Dressing.
This coat is made to order and may take up to 7-10 days before dispatch, and please allow time for delivery.