Our Wiltshire Whippet Coat was inspired by a wonderful vintage photo that I fell in love with, taken in the 1920s. Our design has a vintage flavour, a country gentleman look, but we brought it right up to date by designing a long a-symmetric collar – it has worked a treat as this super stylish whippet coat has become one of our best sellers.
- Made from British Wax Cotton
- Available in Small, Medium and Large Whippet sizes
- Also in Italian Greyhound Size
- Made in Kent by skilled sewers
- Fastened with branded poppers
- Belt secured with brass D rings
- Stylish long a-symmetric collar
- Keeps out cold winds on long slender necks
- Available in Brown, Green, Mustard or Navy
It is practical too, with its long grown-on neck line, there will be no cold winds getting in. It is secured by poppers at the front, and a strap with D rings around the body to allow for different shaped bellies. It will stay on your dog even when running. Shadow looks gorgeous in both the plain navy, and green wax cotton too. Scout just looks good in any coat, no matter what colour!
This coat is available in 4 wax cotton colours, with wax cotton lining. It is not washable, but can be brushed clean when the dirt is dry.
If you want a WASHABLE version of this coat, take a look at our Dorset Whippet Coat.
Offered in 4 sizes including Italian Greyhound and 3 whippet sizes:
Italian Greyhound – our sizing is for a pure and petite Italian greyhound.
Small ideal if your whippet is very petite or crossed with an Italian Greyhound.
Medium is the size that Ella, Shadow, Scout and Toffee are wearing – a general whippet size
Large is for the bigger whippets.
Please do check the measurements against your dog before you order, and do call if you are unsure what size to order.
- Italian Greyhound Length 42cms, chest 46cms, strap 33-37cms
- Small length 48cms, chest 50cms, strap 42-46cms
- Medium length 56cms, chest 61cms, strap 48-52cms
- Large length 60cms, chest 66cms, strap 54-58cms
Regular reproofing will maintain the waterproof qualities of the fabric and prolong its life. We recommend using British Millerain Original Wax Cotton Dressing.
This coat is made to order, so at busy times please allow up to 10-14 working days before dispatch from us, and allow time for delivery. UK parcels will be sent first class, and overseas will take a little longer.