When will I get my order? This is one of our most frequently asked questions, and understandably a very important one. So, I thought I would take you behind the scenes and explain what happens when you place an order with us, and why you might wait longer for some items.
It's Sunday evening, you hop on the iPad and add a few items for your shivering whippet to the basket and click pay. This happens next:
- We get an email notification that you have placed an order
- Your order will be printed off – generally on a Monday, Tuesday,Thursday and Friday – Wednesday is strictly a making day with no computer interruptions!
- Wendy will sort through the orders to see what we have in stock; these items will be packed and posted – on the Monday or Tuesday.
- Any item that is not sitting on the shelf is put on my list for making.
- On Mondays I sort through the list – which at this time of year is very long – and decide what I need Vicky and Enid (our cutters) to cut that week.
- On Tuesdays the weekend’s orders, plus any that come in on Monday or Tuesday morning will be cut and ready for a sewer to make.
- The list is revised on Thursday when more is cut and made.
- Some of our sewers pick up and collect work on a weekly basis, and some work at the Barn with me.
- The sewing machines are busy working every day, and we work through the orders in a chronological way – or sometimes it will make sense to make all the green coats, or all the navy.
- Packing and posting is done on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays – as we get closer to Christmas this will be on Fridays too.
- We work within the time frame for each product as much as we can, you will get an email if we are not going to make the dispatch date, but I try really hard to not let this happen.
What are the waiting times?
- Fleeces, Snoods, collars, tags – 3-5 working days
- Made to order items - most wax coats, and new items - 7-10 working days
- Ladies Coats – currently 21 working days
Can I get my order fast tracked if I pay more?
The simple answer is no, not if it needs to be made. If you need something in a hurry please call us, and we can tell you what we do have and maybe you just choose a different colour or style.
A note about Fleece Jumpers – our most popular product – we have over 200 in stock but with 7 sizes and 21 colours it can happen that the colour and size you order won’t be sitting on the shelf, which is why it takes up to 5 working days to be sent out. If a colour is marked ‘out of stock’ it generally means we are waiting for the fabric to come in and can’t make one at that point.
Your order is complete
When we have posted your parcel, we mark your order as complete and this generates the email you get saying your order is complete. You should receive your parcel within 1-3 days if you are in the UK. ALL are posted first class with Royal Mail and in most cases reach you the next day. Occasionally it will take a couple of days. If your order is over £50 we will send it on a 'signed for' service, so be mindful that you might have to collect it from the post office if you are not in to sign for it.
If you have a safe place where your parcel can be left please make a note on the order – this might avoid your parcel going back to the post office because the post man (or woman) couldn’t get it through your letter box.
Overseas orders – these all go with Royal Mail on tracked services, European countries will receive parcels within 3-5 days and the rest of the world generally within 10-14 days – although it is often sooner. You will be sent the tracking number so you can follow it’s progress - if you don't receive this, please nudge us, and we will resend it.
Our little business is growing at a fast pace and at times it is overwhelming, but having recently taken on 3 new sewers and a cutter, I know we can improve on the time it takes to get our products out to you, but please do remember, we don't have a warehouse full of stock with people working through the night packing!
I don’t think we will ever be that, but my hope is that, in time, we will have stock of 75% of our range that can be sent out within 3 days of ordering. It’s a tall order but I’m aiming high!! It's my goal for 2019!
As we enter the silly season that is Christmas, please bear with us, get your order in early to avoid being disappointed or me having a nervous breakdown as I endeavor to get all orders out, even those that come in after our last posting dates – this year I am going to get tough and not do it!
OH, and one more thing – if you received a catalogue, take a look on the last page for a discount code, it can be used just once, so use it wisely!